Thursday, August 19, 2010

Parsley Smoothie



Have been making a lot of green smoothies. It is just so easy, tastes great and so excellent for our health. Blending a Vitamix pitcherfull lasts me the whole day. Of course if more than one person is drinking it then it doesn't. Sometimes it's like that at our house. Usually I have two large glasses in the morning when I make it, I put the rest covered in the refrigerator.

Place in Vitamix or strong blender:
1 large & 1 small mangoes (I buy a case of each at the Indian market, wash them, place them in a large basket, put it out in the sun to reenergize and then bring them back into the kitchen).
large bunch or 2 small bunches of parsley or any greens
1 cup water, not too much, you can add more if needed
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of coconut oil

2 scoops of protein powder (have been using the Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Natural flavor)
MSM and/or any superfoods
sometimes I add a banana
ice cubes
blend up, be healthy!!

No comments: