Saturday, May 12, 2007

Raffle for Cascalheira




Hello Dear Friends,

Since last posting about Cascalheira, I had an idea of doing a raffle. This should be fun and hopefully bring in some money for this desperately poor village.

I sewed this 6" x 6"
little wool lamb. I know it looks more like a puppy. Oh well, it is cute. It is chubby, I was envisioning abundance for Cascalheira. Around it's neck is the Bonfim ribbon of Bahia, Brazil. This is a tradition in Bahia, it is normally tied onto the wrist with three knots for three wishes. I did make three nice wishes for the people of Cascalheira. It is an imperfect little lamb, but made with love and care. Ready to make someone smile. I hope you like it and will take a chance on it.

Each raffle is $1 (one dollar). Send as much money as you like.For each dollar, put your name and contact information on a 3" x 5" (7.6 x 12.7 cm) more or less piece of paper.When it reaches the $50 mark and hopefully it will be more than that, I will draw the winner.

Also, whoever wants to offer an item that they made or not made for the raffle is welcome to join. Just let me know.

We will focus on one raffle at a time, so not to get confused and to raise as much money as we can.

I will be traveling to Brazil around July/August and will have an update of Cascalheira.

Thank you for being a part of this fun event and making a difference in some people's lives.

Please feel free to email me
jtanyu@aol.com with any questions about this project and raffle.

Please send raffle money to:
Jessica Torok
P.O. Box 249
Mill Neck, NY 11765




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Harmonia! I just got your email...I'm blogging again! I'm at:
http://harmonia.wordpress.com incase you want to drop by!

Gina said...

OH I love it! What a little cutie pie. Great work. That's neat about the ribbon, thank you for aways sharing with us : )