Friday, June 20, 2008

Eating in Italy

This was tonights dinner. There's a great market near the hotel and we took salads out. Also bought some fruits. I have been very good at eating lots of salads and eating lots of fruits. I had some bread a few times and my skin told me to stop it....I was itching. Earlier we sat out in a cafe and had some red wine and olives and a few other items. When purchasing take away meals, you have to pay for the utensils, salt (it is sea salt..how wonderful), little packs of olive oil and lemon juice, etc. I think this is a great way to keep waste down. If we had this implemented in the USA, I believe people would only take what they need, because they would have to pay for it. Of course we are paying for it, it's factored into the price. It felt good being conscious of what I truly needed, not just grabbing a handful of stuff. Dinner was delicious!

3 comments:

Penni said...

How marvelous... those little packets of olive oil are darling! What a great idea. Beautiful food & people in a beautiful country!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such gorgeous, pure food.

Lauren said...

Wow! This gives me hope for visiting Italy! I am always so worried about what I would eat!