Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blended Salad








Blended salad is a great way to get more greens into our bodies. The pre-digested nutrients are easier to assimilate than a regular salad and you will eat more greens this way than you can chew.

In a blender or VitaMix add:
cucumber and or tomato to create some liquid
add the greens....romaine, spinach, arugula, etc.
in this one I used spinach and arugula
last, add 1/4 to 1/2 avocado
season with lemon juice, sea salt and or Spike
makes a creamy, delicious salad
Good Health!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum that looks so good and I agree it is so much easier to digest and gives your body a much needed break.

I wish I felt like eating something like this now! I know it is delicious! I love avocados. The past few weeks I've been drinking my meals. I did not plan to go this long but it's what my body has been craving. Smoothies & juices. I really need to blog about what I've been experiencing. This simple but delicious meal is definitely on my list of things to eat when I want something a little more solid. Thanks for posting this!

Matt and Bobbie said...

Yummy--I like blending greens into sauces and soups instead of just munching them in a salad all the time. I will definitely have to try this one!

African Kelli said...

And it tastes good? I suppose if I added some salsa I would truly love it. I do like all of the ingredients you listed. :)

jessica said...

yes, kelli it does taste good and definitely you can add your salsa.

Elizabeth said...

I love the idea blended salad! Then you get your fiber. That is the problem with juices, it seems like you loose so much. I have been looking for a good avocado soup recipe. Thanks for posting this. MyRawFoodBlog.com